Friday, February 19, 2016

Ebay - Priority Mail Shipping - Just so you know. Insurance is free up to $100


OK. Maybe I'm really dense. But I didn't know until I accidentally click on it , that you can buy Insurance thru the Post office for your packages instead of The SHIPCOVER insurance which is the first option on the drop down box.
I don't know maybe I wasn't paying attention because I very rarely have anything of significant value to insure. But I was appalled  that since Ebay partners with USPS , that they would offer the Postal service insurance first. 
No, they don't, you have to use the drop down box to get to the USPS insurance and if you are shipping priority and it's under 50.00, it's FREE when you get UPSP insurance otherwise you pay for that Shipcover stuff.
Consider it a lesson learned.
Hope somebody else benefits from this.
@ just a disclaimer, I've never had to use the SHIPCOVER stuff but I have used the USPS insurance twice and both claims resulted in a check for the cost of the item.

No comments:

Post a Comment