Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Upcycling watches - From trash to treasure




I've been saving these watches for awhile because I so loved the bands. But I don't necessarily want to keep putting batteries in them to keep them running. With my phone always on me I don't really need a watch.
One day I was prying the back off to see if I could replace the battery - it hit me. Why can't I just take the guts out and replace it with charms. 
BAM the bird of my floating locket bracelet via up-cycled watch.
I've checked all my usual haunts to see if these are listed for sale, but so far I haven't found them anywhere.
For now these will be limited to whatever my heart leads me to fill them with. Maybe at some point I might do some custom work. 
But for now, this is what I have. 





No comments:

Post a Comment